Wednesday, June 11, 2008

American Apparel


Last week I visited the American Apparel factory in Downtown LA. I was given a tour and I saw how everything was ran. I will say that I liked what I saw. The reason why I think American Apparel is so successful is because they have everything happening in one place. All there designers, marketing people, sewers, etc. are all located in one place, their factory.

Everything happens in that factory, from the design to the product being made, to photo shoots, and to being advertised. You can also tell that they care for their employees as well. There is a doctor's clinic located inside a factory. This clinic is not some little dinky clinic where the nurse just takes your temperature, this is a full on doctor clinic. They keep their employees happy.

Another reason why they are so successful is because their clothes are so compfortable. They choose the softest fabrics. And the way they make their garments they make sure that it fits the body the way it should. Plus their stuff is cute too!

American Apparel is here to stay and I dont see them going away anytime soon. As a matter of fact I think that other clothing companies should take some pointers from the way American Apparel run their company.

No comments: